Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Lost, but Then Found


.............well.....  Malaria is pretty bad.  Or so I've been told.  So I figured that if I ever DID get it, then I'd let you know.

WoW!   I'm already on my second transfer now.   I just got done looking at the transfer slides and it looks like Elder Lake is going to be in my Zone!  Dondo is going very well.  We had to drop about two investigators this week,  President Spendlove told us in Zone Conference that we can only teach families.  I'ts been hard to drop these people but currently what the Dondo group needs right now are families and strong members who can be leaders.  So that's who we've been looking for this past week.  We started teaching Tito and his family this week.  He seems very strong and has a lot of potential.  The hard thing is, that no one is married here in Mozambique, and to get married the process takes about a year or more.  
I mentioned Vitor in the last email.  His family is progressing as well.  He didn't come to church though yesterday.  What surprised me was that his wife (unmarried)  did come.  Vitor had to go to Beira on Sunday so he couldn't make it, but his wife still showed a lot of faith by coming to church without him.
This week we went on splits, and I had the wonderful opportunity to serve with Elder Gibson.  It was interesting to have the opportunity to teach with someone else.  It's amazing how accustomed I became to the way my Trainer Elder Gergetz teaches.   I've decided that my trainer is awesome, he really pushes me to grow.  Yesterday when we were going to visit a few families after church he had me lead the way. (Now to gain some perspective on this you're going to have to go to Google maps and look and the little town of Dondo Mozambique.  You'll notice that outside of the central part of the villa  there are various trees and huts.  No one had addresses, there are just random, very random, paths that lead this way and that.) So, Elder Gergetz told me that I was leading the way to a particular investigators house.  Well.... I failed.  I took a wrong turn and he didn't let me know I did until I had realized about 10 minutes later when the path started to look a little bit unfamiliar.  Finally we arrived at the house and were able to teach a great lesson.  So that's that.  
p.s. in case you're still wondering, I don't have malaria. At least I don't think I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment