Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Blossoms Turn into Fruit


Once again Elder Berg and I had a wonderful week.  I don’t have a lot of time today, but I’ll quickly explain what is going on in our area.  A LOT is going on in our area.  We had 21 new investigators and our investigators with baptismal dates have doubles to 36.  We are teaching 10 really good families.  I have never taught this many families at once before.   Elder Berg and I are learning how to teach this many families at once.  All of them have dates for June 1.  We are going to have another collective marriage on the 31st of May now.  Elder Berg and I are going to be putting it together for our zone.  Good new, bad news.    Bad news is that so far nobody in our zone has a family with the marriage process open.   Good news is, that Elder Berg and I found a family last Thursday that already has all of their documents ready and accepted our message and came to church.  We are planning on opening the marriage process with them this week.  We just need to help them put God first and not their cultural traditions.   Their names are Samito and Tania.  
So short story even shorter is….we worked really hard during the week.  And we were very excited for fruits day. (fruits day is Sunday.  When you see how many investigators actually make it to church)   We only had one family of our ten at church.    Elder Berg and I are trying to discover how we can have more families at church. (more on this next week.)
I know that the Lord is guiding this work!
-Elder Greenman



I made some pancakes for Elder Berg's Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment