Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Speculating About the New Companion

     This week seemed to fly by so incredibly fast, up until Friday.  From Friday on… the week just crept by at a snails pace.  On Friday we had a zone service project at the Chapel where we deeply cleaned all the areas that are usually not cleaned by the members.  It went really well.  We did the project in preparation for the Marriage that was going to happen the next day.  Surprisingly, I did not feel very stressed,  I knew everything would turn out well.   I received a call from the assistants later that afternoon letting me know about the new elders that would be coming in.  Of the five new Elders who came this transfer two of them came to the Manga zone. The assistants did not tell us what was going to happen in transfers, but just told me with whom the new Elders would be. One of them, named Elder Mason is actually going to be with me.  Elder Thomas has finished being trained and he is getting transferred to the Manga 3 district where he will finish training another Elder.   I am so grateful to have been Elder Thomas' companion.  He is honestly one of the hardest working companions I've had.  The good news is that I'll still see him around, he will still be in my zone.  There were not a lot of changes in the Manga Zone, so we'll be able to keep going with the same momentum.

     Elder Mason came Friday night at 11:30.  Elder Thomas and I just waited in our rooms until he came.  We really couldn't sleep.  To pass the time we took turns guessing what Elder Mason would be like. I guessed that he would be from Utah, would have brown hair, and I even guessed that he graduated from Davis High (in Kaysville).   Elder Thomas lived in Farmington and went to Viewmont. We got a call from the Snelsons saying that they had arrived.  We started out the door, but then Elder Thomas stopped.  He was wearing some Davis dart shorts that he had found while on the mission, and he took them off and switched, he said it was just in case that Elder Mason did graduate from Davis.   Well as soon as Elder Mason was in and settled we asked him where he was from.  He said Farmington, we asked where he went to school and he said Davis.    Elder Thomas and I looked at each other and just laughed, I couldn't believe that I had guessed right.

     The next day was Saturday so we woke up early and headed off to the chapel to get things ready for the marriage.  The marriage went really well.  I'll send pictures.  The week went well.  We are teaching two awesome referral families, and I'm sending a picture of one of them.  Joao e Louisa and their kids.  I love you all, until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment