Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Second to the Last Letter

This is Andrew's mom. We received his letter this morning, all in Spanish, and I wanted to give a little update, so I will translate a part of it for you.

My mission has been the best thing in my life and for my life up until now. I want to write you and thank you for all the support and prayers in my behalf. This week went well. We taught a new family, who came to church! We have three complete families in our Sunday Meetings: Ronaldo and Iva, Nelson and Louisa and Cremildo and Celia.

After church we had a Ward Council Meeting. A member from the district presidency was in attendance and he taught us and the auxiliaries how to have an effective ward council. He always used the Administration manual in order to respond to the questions and concerns each had. I learned much from this President Mateus. The manner in which he used love and patience in training the members will always remain in my mind. The Church is growing very rapidly here, but they need more reinforcement. We are working hard to teach the leaders and the members to do their important part.

This week we are having the Zone Conference and I am excited to learn from President Kretly.

...Next week will be my last letter. I ask you to send me questions so that I can respond with anything you want to know about.

The pictures below are of my companions and I in back of President Kretly's vehicle. We were asked to design a poster that will inspire some interest in our church. This is what we came up with. (It translates as "Do you want to have a happy family? Call this number...") The second picture is of a special family the Elder Gray and I taught. They have not been baptized yet, but someday will be.




No comments:

Post a Comment