Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, October 22, 2012

General Conference Was Incredible


I was finally able to see it yesterday.  All of the talks were inspired and helped me one way or another to see what I need to do better. 
Elder Jeffery R. Hollands talk had a particular impactful message for me.  It made me wonder,  sure that I've left the "nets" and have come to feed his sheep, but are there any other "nets" that are holding me back in anyway.  Is there anything I can do better?    I was very grateful to have listened to all of the wonderful words by the leaders we have today.  I really loved listening to Elder Richard G. Scott's talk, especially because he translates his own talks into Portuguese.  So instead of a monotonous voice we were actually able to hear his voice.  The funny things is that there were plenty of Spanish words in his translation.  Either way, I understood.

Well,  Elder Brogan has gone home now, so I'm companion-less until Wednesday.  I'm really excited for my new companion.  His name is Elder Largent.  I don't know him very well, but I do know that he's a hard worker.  He only has three transfers left.  He's been serving in Inhamizua, a town close to Dondo.   He also plays basketball extremely well, which will be nice come next P-Day.  Elder Largent has already served here in Maputo 2, so I hope he already knows the area a little. In other news it's been raining like crazy.  On Friday there was loads of thunder all night long.  And we basically had rivers in the streets, which makes it so you can't see any of the potholes.  Yikes. haha.

-Elder Greenman

No comments:

Post a Comment