Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas is Next Week!!

I cannot believe that Christmas is already almost here!  It sure does creep up on you pretty quick when you don't have snow or cold weather to let you know that it's close.  

This week was very busy.  It's nearing the end of the year and there's a lot of work to do.  We have a zone conference on the 24th and transfers are happening today.   There weren't a lot of changes, just enough to acomodate for the three new elders who came in.  President Kretly called another Elder, Elder Hales in the Maputo 1 branch, to a special assignment.   President Kretly recognized that there is a lot to do in the office, and sometimes it's hard for Elder Brandão and I to do all of it.  Elder Hales will be helping me in the office.  When there is a lot to do, Elder Brandão will stay in the area with Elder Hale's companion, and Elder Hales and I will go and do the office work.    I know that this way we will be getting a lot more done in the office.   (Editor's Note: As was stated in an earlier post, Elder Greenman is the only one in the companionship that has computer knowledge, so to have another helper, will give the companionships less time in the office and more time finding and teaching people.) I'm excited for this coming transfer.  I only have 3 left.  I'll be coming home in the middle of April.  (Editor's Note: This is a bit of a surprise for Elder Greenman's mother. She thought that he would be home on April 1st and have three weeks with his family before going off to BYU-I. The first day of school is the 21st of April, so I imagine he will be home only for a couple of days before going off to school. Kind of crazy!!)

On Saturday we had a branch christmas activity.  It wasn't much different than the one last year.  At least this time we didn't have anyone rapping at pulpit.  At the christmas party, however, I saw a family that Elder Brogan and I had taught in October of last year.  At the time, the family wasn't interested, and didn't want to progress, but, while I had been in Manga, the sister missionaries found them, taught them, married them, and baptized them.  It was really good to see that family and talk with them.  I'll be sending a picture.  Also a family that Elder Hamrick and I taught also got married and baptized last week.  I'll be sending a picture of them as well.   Yesterday we watched the Christmas devotional.  I loved the talk given by Elder Nelson.  I felt that the devotional was very special, very simple, and very spiritual.   Christmas truly is about our Savior Jesus Christ, and renewing our vigor to be like he is.  
'Elder Greenman




No comments:

Post a Comment