Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!

This week was wonderful.  We had zone conference on tuesday.  We learned a lot about desire, and miracles.  We were also given the oportunity to write our own personal mission statement.   I started, but it's a process and throughout these next few month i'll be thinking and discovering what that is.  We had Zone conference at the new Matola chapel.  After the zone conference we all drove to the mission office where we had skits and a delicious dinner.    We ended up piling 14 missionaries into our ford ranger.   I wish we had a picture. And yes it was safe. 
On christmas day we helped and organized the Elders who skyped home to talk with their parents.   Because an Elder can't be alone  on the computer I was in the room when Elder Williams called his parents.  Elder Williams is from Pleasant Grove utah and is one of the zone leaders in Matola.  I was able to meet his wonderful family.  It was a really good experience.  While Elder Williams was talking with his family the question came up of when the end of the transfer in April is.  I said it was the 14th.  and aparently they thought it was on the 21st.  They were right.  
This kind of threw a wrench in the works because I had decided to extend my mission believing that it would give me enough time to go to college two days after I arrived home.   After knowing that the transfer would actually end later than I thought my heart took a dive.   The good news is that I called president and he said that I could still extend my mission but finish on the 14th.   
The rest of the week has gone well as well.  Elder Brandao and I are training a new missionary.  His name is Elder Da Silva.  He's a mozambican from Beira who is starting his mission here while he waits for his visa to go to Brazil.   
On friday we had district meeting.  I gave a training on being Proactive.  I used various exemples in the Book of Mormon.   Especially from first Nephi.  It was a very good meeting.  I've become very excited as I apply more the  principles that Elder Bednar so often teaches, that we need to act instead of being acted upon.  
Last night Elder Brandao and I taught a new family.  Cumbani and Rita.   The lesson was very powerful.  The spirit was present.   In fact it's getting late now, and we have to run out the door to go teach them tonight.    Our first lesson is in twenty minutes.   I love you all.   The Gospel is so true and so perfect.  
-Elder Greenman




No comments:

Post a Comment