Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, August 6, 2012

I Was Transferred...


Well transfers didn't come until late on Wednesday night. The zone leaders called to let us know. It was then that I recieved the sad news that I'd be leaving my area in.  My heart dropped when I heard those words because I had really come to love the people in my area, and to be able to teach Victor, Daniel and Shika, and many others that were doing so well.  Elder Bateman, one of my Zone leaders, continued telling my that my next companion would be Elder Lopes, a native from Cabo Verde.  Suddenly I leaped with Joy and this is why:
Elder Lopes has been serving in Dondo with Elder Ostler, but just in a different area than mine.  I was told that Elder Ostler was going to Manga to train and that I would stay in Dondo to be with Elder Lopes.  Elder Gergetz was told that he would also stay to train a new Elder.  All in all, I'm very happy to still be serving in Dondo.  My new area is totally different thought, with a new set of challenges, but I'll still be able to see Victor and all of my other investigators every week at church.
Throughout these nine weeks in Dondo I've really gotten to know Elder Lopes pretty well.  He and I hit it right off since my first day in Dondo.  Now I am very glad to have the opportunity to work and serve with him.  I know that he and I will truly be able to make miracles happen.  Yesterday when we were on our way to an appointment we contacted a young family.  The father's name was Candido.  We gave him a resauration pamphlet with our names and our number.   Later that night we received a text from him saying that he was extremely grateful for the invite. He said that he had finished reading the pamphlet and percieved that God has a plan for him. And he said that he wants to learn more about Jesus Christ.  We were extremely happy to read that text.  I now without a doubt that the Lord truly does prepare his children to receive this message,  and we as members of this church have the obligation to share that message.  We learn in 1 Nephi 8  from Lehi, who tried the fruit from the tree of life, that he desired to share that fruit.  I also have a desire to share this gospel and my happiness is found in the spreading of the God's word.  My power is found in his priesthood and my reward is found in the knowledge that I am anxiously engaged in a good cause.  I  love seeing the change in these people's hearts as a greater understanding of  Jesus Christ is opened unto them.  I know without a single doubt that this church is the only true church.   I relish in the opportunity that I have to be a missionary, not only here in Mozambique but for the rest of my life.

-Elder Greenman
P.S. Write me. xD


No comments:

Post a Comment