Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Andrew's P-day is Monday, thus each Monday I will post his letters. Here is the first that arrived just a few moments ago:


Hello freinds and family!  How is everyone?  I'm doing fine.  I love the MTC so much.  I Love the food too!  In fact i've already gained 20 pounds!  The spirit is so super strong here! General Conference was so great.  I absolutely loved Elder David A. Bednar's talk in Priesthood.  Well I'll start at the beginning.  My first day at the MTC was great it started off by seeing Elder Barson.  He was assigned to be my host, and It was great to have had the priveledge to talk to him.  He heads out of the MTC tomorrow, which just reminds me that I'm still going to be here for another two months.  Don't get me wrong,  I love the MTC but I can't wait to go to Mozambique.  When I got here I was given a basic tour of the "Campus" and then showed to my residence halls.  I'm in a trio companionship with Elder Heaton and Elder Sorenson.  They are awesome and fun to work with.  There are two other elders in our dorm that are going to Boston, Portuguese speaking.  They are also super cool.  In fact everyone in my zone is great.  They're all either going to Brazil, Boston, or Mozambique.  Many of them are just waiting for their visas, and as soon as they get them they'll be outta here.  On Thursday I was able to meet with my Branch President, who served in Brazil years ago as a missionary.  He called me to be the District Leader over the missionaries in District 45 E.  This district includes all the Missionaries in my dorm, which is great because it has allowed me to get to know them a lot better. 
Every thursday any missionary has the opportunity to "tryout"  for a devotional musical number.  Elder Fitzgerald and I are going to be playing "If you could hie to Kolob"  I'll be playing the piano and he'll be singing.  He's got a great voice, and He's super funny.
Things are so fast paced here, and I've got so much to do today.  I've gotta run, but expect a letter next week.  Oh, and if you'd like to send me a letter go ahead and check out dearelder.com

Elder Greenman

No comments:

Post a Comment