Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fourth Week...


The MTC life is great.  Elder Heaton and I auditioned to perform a musical number in front of the entire mission.   We're in and are probably going to do it next sunday or tuesday.   On sunday and tuesday nights the MTC hosts a speaker.  On Tuesdays the speaker is always a General authority.  Elder Heaton and I are kind of getting nervous.   The classes here are great, but so is the time between 9:30 and 10:30 when all the missionaries return to their residence halls.  At this point we change out of our suits into more comfortable clothes to sleep in.  In our Zone we have a tradition called "tagging"  if a missionary is found outside his residence hall room without a missionary tag then one of us slaps on Elder Awbrey's safari hat and then about five or so Elders proceed to tag the missionary who is not wearing his tag.  
I'll send pictures soon!

Mostly all the teachers and staff here at the MTC attend BYU.  At the close of BYU's Summermester everyone's schedule here at the MTC changed to accomodate the teacher's needs.   My district has ended up getting a totally different schedule than the rest of my zone's.  P-day's are now on tuesday while the rest of the zone has their's on Friday now.

One of the advantages about my new schedule is that I'm on the same schedule as Elder Lake who is in a different zone.  He and I get to talk and see each other a few times each day.
I got and email back from Elder Awbrey, who I made good friends with here in the MTC before he left for mozambique.  He said the portuguese in mozambique is totally and so different than the portuguese taught here.  He said it's extremely impoverished and extremely warm.  He said he has a great companion and is having an incredible experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment