Elder D. Andrew Greenman

Our son, Elder Andrew Greenman, has been called to serve in the Mozambique Maputo Mission. He has asked me to create this blog so that you, the reader, can read his letters to home. His current writing address is found below along with the most recent letter.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Third Week...


This week has been crazy!  Half of my zone is leaving either today, tomorrow or on wednesday.  Things are going to be so different this coming week.  There are going to be 20 elders joining Zone 45 this week.  Jacob Lake apparently isn't one of them.   There are two portuguese zones here at the MTC and Jacob Lake will be joining the other one. 
I've seen a lot of good friends here at the MTC,  Elder Bailey, Elder McCombs, Elder Yost, and Elder Searle.  It's great to see that they're here to serve a mission.  Yesterday, for the Sunday Devotional Elder M. Russell Ballard came and spoke to us.  It was so neat to see him, and I had a great seat that was very close.  He taught about how important "Preach My Gospel" is in this great work, and if we study it we will have a greater power to teach. He also said that every word in that book was inspired by God and had been worked on by every member of the quorum of the twelve.   Elder David Archuletta sang a beautiful piece of music before Elder Ballard began.  Then when Elder Ballard got up he said, "  Well Elder Archuletta, you're a tough act to follow."   Elder Archuletta sang The Spirit of God.   He sang one of the verses in spanish (the language of his mission) then finished off in English. 

I'm starting to really forget spanish.   Whenever I try It comes out mostly portuguese.  I guess they call it Portanol. 
This past week when we taught a "street contact" investigator. (otherwise known as my teacher) My companions and I did super well.  The spirit was so strong and we committed him to be baptized.  I can't wait to actually get to Mozambique and start implementing all of the things I'm learning right now.  I'm running out of time and there's a lot to do.  Thank you so much for your love and support and all the letters that have been sent my way.

-Elder Greenman

No comments:

Post a Comment